TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF DIGITAL NEWS SERVICES
PRATIDIN PRAKASHANI PRIVATE LIMITED OR “PPPL” (also denoted as ‘we” or “us”) is and shall remain the sole and absolute owner of this website https://www.sangbadpratidin.in/ and all its pages, affiliated platforms and domains and application (‘App”) to enhance public access to the news and features published by PPPL. By accessing this website or application or digital platform the user or visitor automatically confirm, acknowledges and accepts of these terms and conditions. All users/visitors to this website must follow and remain bound by these Terms & Conditions [T&C]
- These conditions bind the use of this digital news service and all activities of each subscriber who uses or accesses this application or website.
- The user shall be responsible for the platform hardware and gadget or equipment for use of this website / application and remain liable for payment of all charges for the same.
- User shall access the Website and application for lawful purposes only and must never post or communicate any material which is illegal, opposed to public policy of India, immoral, objectionable, abusive, defamatory, infringing on privacy or proprietary rights of any person or entity, vulgar, obscene, or which constitutes or encourages any punishable offence. The user shall not advertise or campaign or publicise any matter or thing without prior written consent of the proprietors of this Website or promote any product or service or agency.
- No user shall restrict, dispel or prevent the access or use of another person of any service or attribute of this website or application.
PROTECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The trademarks, logos & service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are the property of PPPL. Users are prohibited from using any such Mark or copyrighted material or other intellectual property anywhere in the world in any form or for any purpose without the prior written permission of PPPL. All information & content including any software programs available on or through the website is reserved by PPPL and users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any Content available on or through the Site for commercial or public purposes.
- This website and application shall contain copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music or sound, and the entire contents of Pratidin Prakashani Private Limited (“PPPL”) or its authorised agencies. PPPL owns or is otherwise entitled to exclusive copyright in the original literary, artistic, musical or dramatic works, selection, arrangement and manner of presenting such content. The user shall never have or claim to have or infringe upon such content and shall not modify, publish, transmit, or privately circulate or create derivative works any such content whether in whole or in part. The user may download copyrighted material for user’s personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of PPPL or in case there is a separate author, that particular author. The user shall not have and shall not claim ownership of any material downloaded from the website or application.
- The user shall not publish, write, upload, post or otherwise make available on the PPPL platform any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the particular owner of such copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. The user shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark or proprietary right, or any other charge emanating from his/her conduct on the website or application. By submitting material to any public area of this website or application the user indemnifies PPPL of any damage, risk, liability or exposure that may arise from such submission. PPPL or its affiliates shall not be liable or obligated for any royalty fee or condition of use of any information or content uploaded by the user. By uploading or making available any form of content of this website or application the user grants and confers to PPPL an irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, alter, publish, translate and distribute such content (in whole or in part). User hereby permits any other user to access, view, download or reproduce such content for that user's personal use.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
- PPPL is a presenter and not the original author or publisher of any material received from news agencies, third parties or users. PPPL may or may not have editorial control over such transmitted material but shall never be party liable for its authenticity, justification, comprehensiveness, accuracy or propriety. The views, opinions and remarks of any guest, person interviewed, information provider, user, or third party must not be equated with PPPL or its management. The Company neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any such opinion, remark or statement.
- Under no circumstances will PPPL be liable for any loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on advice, suggestion, prediction, indication, information, data or input obtained through this website or application.
CHATS, COMMENTS AND MESSAGE SECTION
- User can participate with personal views, comments and feedback or interact with other users. PPPL shall not have control over the content that may be uploaded or exchanged between users on the chats, comments or message sections. It is a condition of use of the chat, comment or message section that the user will not post or upload or transmit anything illegal, immoral, obscene, profane or abusive, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, objectionable, anti national, communal, hateful or indecent material or encourage a punishable offence or be opposed to the nation’s public policies and laws. The user shall be solely liable for violation of privacy or proprietary rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark or other intellectual right, or personal reputation and shall not advertise or promote or campaign for any political or religious or social outfit or product or service or event.
- Users are invited to submit comments, questions, ideas, reviews or any other information concerning the website's contents, provided they understand that such comments will be subject to moderation and PPPL and its editorial board reserves the right to remove or edit such content.
- PPPL shall be under no obligation to review any message, post, information, remark, comment or content put up on the website or application by the user and undertakes no responsibility or liability relating to any such publication. Notwithstanding the above, PPPL may from time to time monitor the Postings on the Site & may decline to accept and/or remove any Postings that contain ---
- any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Advertisements or campaigns of any kind.
- Messages posted by users impersonating others.
- Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
- Messages by non-spokesperson employees of PPPL purporting to speak on behalf of PPPL.
- Messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information.
- Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point.
DISRUPTION IN SERVICE OR NETWORK CONSTRAINTS
- PPPL shall not be liable for any consequence or eventuality, even if detrimental to the user, if the services rendered by the website or application are disrupted or curtailed or prevented from being accessed due to any issue related to bandwidth, internet connectivity or network or the physical inability of PPPL or its service providers, affiliates, agencies or employees from offering the services for a temporary period due to any situation beyond their control.
- The user shall be required to update to the most current version of mobile applications or to delete certain applications that PPPL may not provide access to, and to conform to the standards and regulations of data protection. PPPL shall have no obligation or liability for any consequence of the user failing to update to the latest version of application available for the PPPL platform.
USER’S CONSENT AND AUTHORISATION TO SHARE INFORMATION
- By registering on our website or application (or through social media), the user consents to our collection, use and sharing of your personal information as described in this policy. In some cases, particularly if you reside in a country governed by a data protection regulation, we may ask you to provide explicit consent to access our services before proceeding for further operations.
- The proprietors of this website or application are entitled to the user’s name, postal address, email address, mobile number and any other specific identification. Any misrepresentation or falsification in the information to be provided will make the user liable for termination of access and prosecution under criminal laws of India. If any user registers from any social media account like the Facebook or Twitter, the user expressly consents to and authorises us to retrieve, collect and disseminate information on the user including Name, Date of Birth, Gender, profile picture upload, qualification, country, postal address with pin code, etc.
- The user authorises the proprietors of this website to provide feedbacks and report spam or to report any post, comment or conduct of the user to appropriate statutory authorities or government agencies, if the proprietors feel necessary to do so.
INFORMATION PROVIDED VOLUNTARILY BY THE USER
- If the user sends or posts or publishes personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about the user’s comments or activities or postings on the website or application PPPL may collect and store such information. PPPL may collect additional information, including but not limited to, user’s name, e-mail id, mobile number, location, etc.
- PPPL may, at its discretion, track information about the user based upon his/her behaviour on the PPPL platform and use such information for conducting internal research on demographics, devices, interests, and behaviour of users to better understand, protect and serve the users. PPPL may also collect Information to measure and analyse user’s behaviour and preferences for internal analysis and research, without sharing the information or result of analysis and research commercially or for use of any third party without user’s consent. In the event PPPL is merged with or acquired by another company or in case of re-organization or re-structuring of business, PPPL and its affiliates may share user’s personal information, wholly or in part, with another business entity.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES / AD-SERVERS
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- PPPL shall not be liable under any circumstance for any consequence or eventuality under any contract, tort, pronouncement, representation for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of this website including liability associated with any computer or mobile virus which may infect a user's computer equipment.
- Except as required by law PPPL will maintain the confidentiality of all user communications which contain personal user information & which are transmitted directly to PPPL. Postings by a user on any message board or in any chat room will not be protected as confidential & PPPL may use & provide information contained in any such postings (including any ideas, concepts, know-how or other intellectual property) to PPPL for any purpose whatsoever & as deemed appropriate by PPPL.
REVISION AND RIGHT TO CHANGE THESE TERMS
- PPPL reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time & Users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any change to these terms and conditions once posted on the website or application. Use of the website or application or their services after such change will be deemed acceptance of such change. User is advised to review the terms and conditions periodically be apprised of the latest version.
VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS
- PPPL reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law & in equity for violations of these terms and conditions, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site.
ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS
- Access to & use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the website or application shall be liable to be prosecuted.
- The services on this website and application is provided on an "As Is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification.
- This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. User specifically acknowledges that the Company is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third-parties in cases including but not limited to any interactive communication on or through the sites and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with user(s).
- In no event will PPPL, or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing content or software on this website under authorisation from PPPL or its agencies, be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use this website or application. User hereby acknowledges that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on PPPL digital platforms.
- PPPL shall not be liable for or be responsible for the genuineness, effectiveness or comprehensiveness of any claim, portrayal or assurance given by any third party through advertisements, promotions, campaigns or invitation to purchase or subscribe published on the website or application by such third party.
- User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PPPL, its agencies, affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising out of the use of this website and application by the User or User's Account.
- This Agreement and any operating rules for PPPL digital platforms constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India and the High Court of Calcutta or if the pecuniary jurisdiction does not permit, the City Civil Court of Calcutta shall alone have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain and try any dispute arising out of or in relation to the use or consequence of use of this website or application including any issue, direct or indirect, associated thereto.
- The Website and application is deemed to be published from No.20, Prafulla Sarkar Street, Kolkata - 700012, India irrespective of where it is accessed from or where any use or consequence of use takes place.
- User can write to PPPL in case of any grievance or compliant including issue regarding processing of personal information at the support e-mail address.
- Any complaint, abuse or concerns with regards to the use, processing and disclosure of Information provided by you or breach of these terms should immediately be informed to PPPL’s designated Grievance Officers by writing to the support email address or writing to –
(set out address)